11:57 PMRead On 0 comments
by C.J. Arellano
winner of the 2013 Columbia College Chicago
winner of the 2012 New York Screenplay Contest:
SUMMARY: Five teens run heist-like
operations to match clients with their crushes.
winner of Ear Hustler Magazine's
Golden Hustler Award
for best short story of the year
SUMMARY: A child pianist experiences
a fantasia in more ways than one.
published in The Bookends Review
SUMMARY: A college loner shares
a ghostly experience with his father's assistant.
published in Underground Voices
SUMMARY: A grocery stockboy
has unsettling designs on his classmate.
published in Word Riot
SUMMARY: A forgotten schoolteacher
encounters an agent of the afterlife.
short story - flash fiction
winner of the 2007 New Times SLO "55 Fiction" challenge (fifth writer down)
SUMMARY: A mother instructs her son.
TV spec script for NBC's The Office
finalist in the 2006 Acclaim TV
SUMMARY: Michael forces his employees
to work on Independence Day.
11:08 PMRead On 0 comments
by C.J. Arellano
- Feature article about how economic trends are affecting fashion trends
- Cover story listing holiday gift ideas from local Chicago businesses
- Feature story weighing the pros and cons of fashion education in Chicago
- essay dissecting the nonspeaking characters
of David Lynch's Eraserhead (page 72)
- Essay rebuking the underground film titled Homotopia
- Interview with Project Runway winner Daniel Vosovic
- Review for Molly McNett's book, One Dog Happy
- Movie review for Man on Wire
- Movie review for Idlewild
- Movie review for The Ron Clark Story
- Movie review for Snakes on a Plane (article in right-hand column)
- Movie review for The Wicker Man
- Movie review for Zoom
Also see What's A Rerun?
blog by C.J. and Aireen Arellano
art and analysis of TV reruns